A picnic on Turnham Green with some celebratory freebies!
- Freeby seeds from Abundance London – spring is here!
- Freeby elderflower cordial from Abundance London made from Chiswick elderflowers – just bring your own cup.
- Free tree map from The Street Tree and TreeTalk – explore Turnham Green’s local trees and follow a walking trail with TreeTalk. There are some amazing trees on and around the Green.
- Dr Bike
- Bike Security Marking
- Not quite free… but 25% off coffee from Shafran Deli 14a Sutton Court Road, W4 4NG, just 100m from Turnham Green (and an additional 25p off if you bring a reusable cup!)
Do come by foot, by bike or by public transport (please don’t cycle on the Green itself).
Do bring your own food and rug.
Don’t bring any single use plastic – this year’s Earth Day theme is END PLASTIC POLLUTION.
Rides to Earth Day Picnic
- Hounslow: leaving Hounslow High St (Bell Corner) at 9:30am and pick-up from Brentford Market – see our Facebook page for details
- Ealing: leaving Ealing Town Hall at 10:45 – see Ealing Cycling Campaign for details
- Hammersmith and Fulham: leaving Eight Bells pub 89 Fulham High St at 11.20, and then through Bishops Park and down the Thames path with a pickup on the riverside in Furnivall Gardens at 11.45 – see here for details
- Richmond: Richmond Cycling Campaign have provide a route map for people coming from that borough
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Earth Day?
- Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day events in more than 193 countries are now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network.
- What is the Turnham Green Earth Day Picnic?
- A picnic on Turnham Green organised by Hounslow Cycling Campaign and supported by Abundance London and Friends of Turnham Green
- When is the picnic?
- 12 noon to 2pm on Sunday 22 April
- Where is Turnham Green?
- By Chiswick High Road – a map is here. We’ll be at the eastern end (War Memorial) side of Turnham Green (opposite Waitrose on Chiswick High Road)
- How do I get there?
- Underground – confusingly, the nearest tube station to Turnham Green isn’t Turnham Green but Chiswick Park which is 5 minutes walk away, Both Turnham Green and Gunnersbury are only 10-15 minutes walk
- Bus – routes 27, 237, 267, 391, H91, 272, 440, E3 all stop by Turnham Green
- Cycling – see our list of rides above. While it would be great if you are cycling to the picnic, please no cycling on the green.
- What else is there?
- What happens if it is raining?
- Then you’ll get wet. Wear appropriate clothes for the weather.
- Hmmm… what type of food shall I bring?