|Brentford||We are asking for a Safe route to Lionel Road Primary school that would also provide a safer cycle route to & from Brentford Leisure Centre|
|Chiswick Homefields||Safe routes to Cavendish Primary School including a 20mph limit that includes all residential roads|
|Chiswick Riverside||Safe routes to Schools: 20mph speed limits around schools and improved road crossings|
|Cranford||Greenway along River Crane passing through Cranford park and connecting Hatton Cross and Twickenham|
|Feltham North||Greenway along River Crane linking Sparrow Farm with Hatton Cross and Twickenham|
|Feltham West||A safe route to Feltham Hill Primary by providing a continuous protected space for cycling along Feltham High Street|
|Hanworth||A continuous protected cycle route along both sides of Hounslow Road (A314)|
|Hanworth Park||A 20mph limit on roads around local schools|
|Heston Central||A 20mph limit on roads around schools|
|Heston East||A traffic-free greenway path from Lampton Park to Tentelow Lane, connecting with Heston School|
|Heston West||Safe routes to Cranford Community College and Berkley Primary School|
|Hounslow Central||Hounslow town centre should include a network of cycle routes between the shops and should be designed to make cycling and walking easy|
|Hounslow Heath||Safe routes to local schools|
|Hounslow South||Protected space for cycling on Hall Road and over the railway at Bridge Road|
|Hounslow West||Protected space for cycling on Bath Road|
|Isleworth||A cluster of three Primary schools around Old Isleworth village require protected cycleways|
|Osterley and Spring Grove||A greenway following Osterley Lane through Osterley Park, joining the Grand Union canal to Brent River Park and Centaurs.|
|Syon||Protected space on London Road (A315) from Hounslow to Brentford and beyond.|
|Turnham Green||A quietway from Chiswick Road, via Essex Place, Dolman Road, Fishers Lane, Chiswick Back Common, under the railway bridge and on to Walpole Way in Acton|
This includes primary & secondary schools, universities and colleges, both state-funded and privately funded
- Double yellow lines around all corners within 1 kilometre of each school. The yellow line must be 4 meters long on each side of the corner
- Parking enforcement around the schools with cameras and wardens
- Minimum of 4 timed flashing school signs per school
- Introduce 20mph speed zones in streets within 1 kilometre of every school, with maximum driver awareness through using 20mph painted circles on the road and traffic calming measures.
- Every school must have safe pedestrian crossing points within 1 kilometres of the school. These crossings must be visually marked. Red Tarmac, red bricks, red asphalt should be considered.
- All roundabouts within 1 kilometres of a school must have triangles on every entry road, properly marked pedestrian crossing points and a “Caution” triangle sign.
For older students wishing to cycle or walk to school over longer distances the following must be promised:
- A promise that from 22May 2014 the needs of cyclists and pedestrians will always be taken into consideration at an early stage of planning for all new development schemes, including housing and business developments, as well as traffic and transport schemes, this should also include the refurbisment of footways by Hounslow Highways as part of their 25yr pfi contract with LBH.
Examples of current planning applications in LB Hounslow are
Brentford FC at Liomel Rd South site, and Sainsbury’s supermarket on Essex Place expanding onto Chiswick High Road.
- Pedestrian and Cycle safety assessment when pavements and roads in Hounslow are being resurfaced is essential. The question to ask every time a foot way is being refurbished is “Could this be a safe shared path?” and when repaving next to a busy road – “Is there room for protected space for cyclists, with or without using all or part of the grass verge?” If such questions were already being asked, then the recent blunder of reinstating a lamp post in the middle of a cycle lane could have been avoided: